View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 12:11 AM
Branko D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I know someone that rides a velomobile and people kept flagging his rides because of that. So he had to make all his rides private. It really takes a lot of the functionality out of strava when you do that. He never really wanted to be KOM, but there is no way to opt out of it.

As far as people setting kom's in cars, I have seen things that make me pretty suspicious. People are doing some segments so fast it would be impossible to tell if someone slipped in there with an ebike, for example.
There are different activity types and amongst them are velomobile and ebike. So you are covered if you want to post to Strava in a velo or ebike.

I flag extremely fast times with no power and HR data, except if done by someone I know is really fast (city of 300K residents, so the pool of really fast guys is limited). It's easy to figure out how much power you need for a certain speed and if you are at pro tour level you're not a middle aged bloke recording with a phone with no other data who did 500km this year.
​​​​​​

Last edited by Branko D; 09-16-21 at 12:24 AM.
Likes For Branko D: