View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 08:30 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
I like tracking my performance on strava (especially as I am coming back from an injury due to being hit by a car). There are one or two segments that I made that I really like to push myself on. One of them I had had the KoM for a while, now I don't. The other, I had local legend for a while, now I don't. I push myself hard on those segments to try to improve my times, don't really care if I ever get the strava titles back. Most of my riding these days is done on Zwift (due to lack of comfort on the roads after being hit by a car). Again, I use Strava to track how I'm doing on segments I'm familiar with and compare to past performances. Never going to get a KoM on those segments, and I don't really care. If I can beat the other folks in my pack (or at least push them to hurt really bad), that makes me happy. Given that my height, weight, and heartrate have to be published on Zwiftpower in order to race, I don't really care about whatever other information that Strava publishes. I would be a bit nervous if it was easy to tell when I wasn't home, but I don't own a smartphone, so my rides only upload when I get back and my Garmin can get on the wifi, so it doesn't really bother me that someone knew I was gone for a couple hours but am now back.
Likes For himespau: