View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 12:12 PM
kawikalee408

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks to those who replied, I don't think I did a very good job of giving myself some background.

I 100% will ride the **** out of this bike. That being said, having a background in technical work, tooling on my bike can be just as fun for me as riding it. Building up track bikes in highschool was a huge passion of mine that eventually led me to going to an automotive vocational school and become a vehicle/generator mechanic in the Army reserves.

I plan to upgrade this bike because it's fun and I like doing it, not because I feel like the parts my bike comes with are inadequite. I know I will of course experience deminished returns. I just want to be smart and get the best vaue for my money, as do most people. Coming from a fixed gear background, it was more simple and easier to get product recomendations as there weren't as many variables compared to road or mountain. I wanted to cover all my bases of research to make sure I did't foolishly buy components that aren't compatible with the bike for whatever reason. I will admit I got carried away with excitement watching other people's builds on youtube that sent me down this rabbit hole of research. I ultimately wanted to plan out a build that I could set as a goal in mind. I've sold bikes in the past and regretted it, so I don't really plan on selling this one or trading it for an upgrade. I want to work on my bike. I did, however, throw my thompson elite stem and fizik arione for starters.

I also have a hand-me-down giant NRS-2 with a manitou fork on it from 03 that I got from a family member. I plan on restoring and most likely turning in to an electric bike. Lots of exciting projects fo me to tinker with moving forward