View Single Post
Old 09-18-21, 02:31 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1537 Post(s)
Liked 1,540 Times in 925 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
I remember the hordes of rabbits when I was a young GI in Texas. Unbelievable. Nightmarish for a kid from Maine. It funny how we think nothing of a thousand mosquitos buzzing around the neighborhood, but turn that into a thousand rabbits and we start to get worried for some reason.

Up here, our issue has been with chipmunks. Those wee sh*ts have been undermining my stone walls and walkways, and there are dozens of them on my property. I've killed 23 so far this year, and it hurts me greatly with every one I take, because they are pretty cute and fuzzy and comical when they are in the wild, but when they damage my property can cause similar troubles, they devolve to vermin status. One of them nested under the hood of my 2020 Ridgeline, and chewed right through the windshield washer supply tube! I tried to use my windshield washer fluid and it ran out onto the driveway!
You need a barn cat. You might be able to adopt one from a rescue or farm; set up a nice shelter for it, and the chipmunks will see the new predator in town and decide there's someplace else they need to be.
Likes For Korina: