View Single Post
Old 09-21-21, 07:08 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by kahn
Okay, you are the second person who mentioned only needing minutes to fix a flat. Obviously, I'm poorly suited to the task because it probably takes me, at least, a half an hour. And that's if the damn tire cooperates and comes off and better yet, goes back on without (cursing) issues! But I have fixed my share of flats and I don't find it a terrific experience although afterward I might bask in my own success!

It depends for me on which bike and which kind of tires. But generally, I estimate about 10-15 minutes to swap out the tube and reinflate. It's a lot shorter than the wait I can expect for the ride to get there.

What are the issues? Maybe some people on the thread know a trick or two that could help you. Mine is to slightly inflate the tube I'm putting on before I put the stem through the hole so it becomes obvious if the tube is getting pinched between the tire and the rim while I tuck in the tire. As you can see by my use of "technical" terms, I am definitely no mechanic, but I've gotten pretty good at this one thing out of necessity.
Likes For livedarklions: