View Single Post
Old 09-23-21, 12:51 PM
Juzzy00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks mate, yes it has stx Rc components and Indy fork, appears to be originally green in colour. The serial number is ACTH006585. hope that helps

Originally Posted by T-Mar
Your Norco has the later version of Shimano STX-RC, with the four arm crankset spider and V-brakes. That would place it 1998-1999. Unfortunately, I don't have 1998 literature, only 1997 and 1999. In both those years, the Nitro used Deore LX components. The STX-RC bicycle is 1997 was the Mocha, while in 1999 it was the Sasquatch. However, there is another complicator. I see you're located in Australia and it's possible that the models were spec'd locally, in which case the model names may not align with my Canadian literature.

It's worth noting that the 1997 Mocha specs a Rock Shox Indy suspension fork, like your bicycle, while the 1999 Sasquatch has moved to Marzocchi. The combination of the crankset and suspension fork does look like it could point to 1998 model year, though whether it's a Mocha, Sasquatch or something else that is unique to the Australian market, is open to question. The serial number may provide more confidence in the model year, if not the model itself.