Old 09-26-21, 05:53 PM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
What bike to get

Hello,

I am interested in getting a second bike, a road bike, after having my fitness bike for a year.

My top priority is trying to find something, that is light agile bike, but at the same time, fit is most important, as this is my first road bike. I would prefer a little more relaxed, feel, but without altering the bike too much.

I tried today the allez, and in a size 56 and 58. I am 5'11. I thought the 58 was a bit big, and felt less playful, but i did like the saddle to handle bar drop was less then the 56 though it wasn't a huge deal. I think the 56 was a better size for me.

I then tried the roubiax size 56 (base model) to see how it feels, from a geometry stand point. I like that i was much higher up, but in all, the 56allez, and 56 roubiax and 58 allez, i found difficulty getting in the drop bars. I could do it, but it was quite a stretch and really not comfortable

Should i be looking at different bikes all together, or a shallower handle bar drop? according the specialized bike, the handle bar on the allez is "Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp", roubiax's handle it says it is " Specialized Hover Comp, Alloy, 125mm Drop, 75mm Reach w/Di2 Hole"

On the 56 allez, the stack is 59.6 reach is 38.5

On the 58 allez the stack is 62.7 and reach is 39

On the 56 roubiax the stack is 60.5 , the reach is 38.4

I found the roubiax to be probably most comfortable but it is littler out of my price range. I like to stay around 1200 USD, but willing to stretch to 1600

With that said, based on my concerns,
1. what are my options if I stick to specialized models mentioned?
2. what other models from different brands can you recommend based on my concerns?

I am 5'11 and 36 years old, 233lbs

Last edited by Awesomeguy; 09-26-21 at 05:56 PM.