View Single Post
Old 09-27-21, 04:19 AM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
I would go with the Allez... it's a very nice bike...
if you found the 56 to be nice, the smaller size will be more fun as you progress...
as for 'stack', that's just a number...
The allez seems to have a 7 deg stem (that's the angle off 90 degree to the steerer of the fork), which comes 'stock' set in the 'down' position.
If you have the dealer 'flip' the stem, you will immediately have a 1.5 cm higher 'realized' stack to the handlbars... reference the Habanero stem angle chart
You can always 'flip' it back or get another stem, different angle, and so on...
It's your 1st bike, if you really get hooked on riding, then after some time you'll develop your own 'gotta have' s for any future bike.
The Allez is a nice bike - more than good enough to really take you deep into the rabbit hole of sport cycling... LOL!
save up your dinars... you're gonna need them if the 'itch' need scratchin.
LOL!
Ride On
Yuri
thank you. The only other bike I’m looking into is the Domane . It’s size 56 has 37.7 reach and stack of 59.1, while the allez has reach of 38.5 and stack of 59.6… I can already tell I like allez better from fun standpoint , but is it much difference in comfort if I get / try Domane?
also how safe is the quick release without through axel?

I did briefly ride the Domane sl6 long time ago it was size 56, it was ok
The allez seems more fun/ lighter bike nimble bike.

Last edited by Awesomeguy; 09-27-21 at 04:38 AM.