Old 09-28-21, 05:36 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
thanks for the kind words gents!

compared to Dura Ace Di2 with discs, the performance of the Campy shifters and brakes is —— different

The brakes haul the thing down from speed just fine for the most part but some kool stop pads are now on my short list
shifting is typical Campy. Crisp but with a heavier feel than shimano. i knew this going in, but the darn Di2 can spoil you after a couple of years

The frame itself feels livelier than i remember and interesting enough, is harsher riding than the carbon bike , — but i feel that this is a lifetime machine if i want it to be

i decided to suck it up with my gearing issues and am on the hunt for a good condition short cage 10 speed RDR. The darn things fetch a pretty penny on the ‘bay for 10 speed parts - but i guess my bourgeoisie tendencies appreciate that about Campagnolo.

Next up: going with another American build - either a Marin road frame from ‘92 with a Lemond’esque paint scheme, —- or a OS Paramount with an american flag paint scheme that’s been hanging on the wall too long— or maybe both if my fiancé continues to not talk to me for a few more days 😌🥲 (TMI)