View Single Post
Old 09-30-21, 03:02 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
Credit card terminals are very common in even the smallest store. I carry two credit cards so if a problem with one I have a backup one. For cash I take 10's and 20's as it is can be more convenient. Only place I must have cash is at a campground where I need to put the money into an envelope and deposit it. I do use cash for all my tips to food servers and bus people as otherwise they get ripped off by the business owners as well as the feds. They are very grateful when I hand them cash directly for the tip.

I have learned to never have the credit card out of my sight and now use only the chip readers which are supposed to be all that is allowed but I still find some merchants use the old swipe ones. The mag strip is easily read and if provides enough personal information for identity theft.

I have the bank issuing the card provide me with a new one after I return home. Makes it very easy to spot test transactions by thieves and makes them work a bit harder with the new card number. This is a free service by the banks.