View Single Post
Old 09-30-21, 09:17 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
The Contis kept blowing off the old rims, so when I had the wheels rebuilt, I bought a set of 35c RibMos from Panaracer. There was clearance enough for 37, but I have some pics of the current tires anyway. ...nothing like some close-up photos to realize how dirty a bike has gotten.

Originally Posted by themrbruceguy
I've been thinking about checking out a local Santana Arriva for me and my wife's first tandem (same color as yours!). I'd be really curious to know how well those 37mm wide Continental Contact tires fit on the Arriva? My wife and I are fairly avid gravel riders and would really appreciate a tandem that could take a 35mm wide (minimum) tire for gravel and crushed limestone rail trails.

A photo of the tire clearance at the rear chainstays would be SUPER helpful if you wouldn't mind?

There is also a local Santana Visa (light blue) and Sovereign (like a blue/purple) that my wife likes better due to the color. Does anyone know if the Visa and Sovereign would have identical clearance as the Arriva?

Thanks!
~ Jake