View Single Post
Old 10-01-21, 09:45 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
Well this morning a finally addressed the headset on the Paletti. Been having issues since the first couple of rides after it was built up. Kept loosening. At first I thought it just wasn't tightened correctly then it kept happening. Finally took a close look at it a couple of weeks ago and saw that the stock spacer was not truely engaged. So either the cut was off a tad on the steerer or the cups settled a bit. At least that's what I'm guessing . I finally dug into my parts bin, found another spacer and installed that. Everything looks properly engaged now. I'll take 'er out this morning to see if I can now get this one into the 19 mph club. Then I guess I need to tackle that clicking drivetrain on the Giordana. I'll throw on a new chain since the KMC XL has a couple of thousand miles on it and then swap the Keo pedals. If that's not it I don't know. It's like two tics per crank rotatation but does vary by gear. So I'm really thinking chain over anything.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to getting a good ride on the Paletti this morning. The last trip out was aborted at the mile mile point when I noticed the headset had come loose again. Figure crossed I got it this time.

This bike is so gorgeous!

And to update: Headset is fine after a fairly fast 26 mile ride!

Last edited by jamesdak; 10-01-21 at 01:33 PM.
Likes For jamesdak: