JBerto

Bikes: TREK FX 7.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Lets recap here.

You are trying to save 1 or 2 lb, on a bike with absolutely bottom of the barrel low end components.

You don't seems to know how long the ATC or offset for your original fork is when sourcing a replacement. Or steerer tube length. Do you?

If you are stuck with this bike and want to make it go faster, you'd be better off upgrading the drivetrain first, then maybe the fork and wheelset if you really want to get this ridiculous.

With a bike like that, you leave it stock and ride it the way it is.
In the previous post I already said that I've made "tons of upgrades" to my bike:.

I have fully changed drivetrain
I have fully changed wheelset.
I have changed even the seatpost!
...and even the chain and botton bracket has been changed for upgraded and lighter versions!!!, LOL!

I've already save a lot of weight, and the only "heavy" part of the bike right now is that extremely heavy 1635grams steel fork (frame is alloy, and it fit really well to my size and I'm very comfortable with that frame, so no need to change it).

AND yes, I've asked to TREK and the offset, ATC, size... of both forks are identical and (as I already said), 100% compatible...

The only thing that remain "original" is the frame and the fork... thats all.

So, summarizing: My FX 7.1 is very different and "upgraded" bike than original, and both forks are absolutelly compatible, and in that conditions, 900gr (2 pounds) less is a remarkable saving.

Last edited by JBerto; 10-01-21 at 11:42 AM.