Old 10-01-21, 04:43 PM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
Originally Posted by Harold74
Thanks for you comments Otto. When I read your description of what you do, it frankly sounds almost identical to the weightless riding model that I proposed above with one modification: your definition of "getting low". Every rider has different comfort issues in play including flexibility and back health. I suffer from both of those maladies and, as a result, my
What I do is actually different. Normal spine shape is actually curved back, not forward, in the lower back, and I try to keep that posture when walking, running, standing out of the saddle and riding seated. I keep my back fairly straight pretty much all the time, bend my elbows, and tilt my pelvis forward a bit and shift back on the saddle if I知 moving my hand position forward. I really do purposely avoid hunching forward.

Yes, as far as hand position, I知 mostly using the part of the palm that is also part of the thumb, the point being to keep pressure off the major nerves in the center of the palm.

Yes, I really use my core to hold my position. We each get good at what we train for. I知 good at this. I can ride drop bars with a four inch drop and classic deep drops, but I壇 need to do it for a while to get my neck muscles strong again. And then I would have to go too fast on the flats for it to either work well on trails or work well with the SS gearing I ride. A less aero posture that still lets me work really hard is ideal. I can稚 imagine pedaling hard all hunched over and feeling comfortable or strong.

I知 not sure why you are referencing casual riders and their needs. I知 riding SS on an old MTB so my rides are demanding whenever there is a hill or a headwind.

Also, I知 using all parts of classic touring bars, so I have ways to adjust exactly how much load I have to support. And I stand a lot, and it works best to keep saddle and standing posture similar.

Otto