Old 02-26-06, 09:18 AM
MikeR
Very Senior Member

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi San Remo and a mint 1984 Trek 720

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
They look beautiful, M.C. Your whole bike looks great! Those wood fenders go so well with the Brooks. Are you REALLY going to ride in it the rain?

The reason I’m asking is I’m dying to get wood fenders too. Last year I was looking for a beater bike that I could commute with when my main ride is sick or in the shop. I found a gorgeous 1984 Trek 720 in mint condition without the original Brooks saddle. I just got a B17 and now I’m thinking that this classic is not my beater bike but my “Sunday-go-to-meeting” bike. I want to dress it up more and show off at the Sunday club rides. Wood fenders would really be great. The only problem is I still have to use the Trek for my second commuter and I’m concerned about riding in bad weather with the wood fenders. I wouldn’t ride in really bad weather but I know there will be some days where I get caught in a sudden shower.

Do you think that they will hold up in the rain?

PS – The bag looks really great with your Brooks and bike. I’m still looking for the bag I want.

PPS - Are those brass screws attached to nuts that can be turned? If so, you could go obsessively classy by aligning the screw slots with the line of the fenders. It makes for a nice finishing touch.