View Single Post
Old 10-03-21, 06:59 AM
luteplayers

Bikes: Trek Verve 2 Disc, Rage Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Another retired US Navy guy. 60 y/o and just fully retired from my 2nd career as did my wife.

After retiring from the Navy my weight had crept up to 270; I'm 5'8". I have got down to 233 with diet and lifestyle changes. Currently waiting on Verve 2s for my wife and I; hurry up November. In my 30s I owned a '91 Schwinn Series 5 PDG Paramout. I did quite a bit of riding with it. Had aero bar for it and used to ride with a couple sailor buddies that were into metric triathlons.

At 270 I was not comfortable with that bike and lived a mile down a dirt road. My wife and I got Diamondback comfort bikes mostly due to the gravel. I really liked the upright position and not being clipped into the pedals.

We gave those to my step daughter before our move to North Carolina, and ordered the Verves once we got down here.

I have Chronic Kidney Disease which was caused by leukemia 12 years ago (very rare to have that happen). With the high blood pressure meds I'm on, I need to really watch my hydration. Looking forward to getting back below 200, and not having to clear 15 feet of snow in the winter. Hopefully the much longer riding season will help me stay in shape once I get there.

Last edited by luteplayers; 10-04-21 at 09:39 AM.
Likes For luteplayers: