View Single Post
Old 10-05-21, 04:38 AM
poiuyt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Rather not, but it's not an absolute answer. In case of a commuter, maybe: in that case I'd like to also have a dynamo hub, and it's difficult to change afterwards (especially if you want to have a nice cable integration), and it's also difficult to find a bike with a dynamo hub that doesn't have a rack and fenders. But in that case, the quality of the accessories and their integration will definitely play a role in the purchase decision: some manufacturers are now designing very nice rack fenders combo's, that are not available in aftermarket. The rack must comply with some "quick lock" standards in that case — RackTime/SnapIt or Ortlieb's QL for instance. But for this use, I'd also want a belt and an internal hub, so playing with market terms, it would rather be a commuter rather than an hybrid.

For a "sport oriented" bike, I can deal with batteries for lights, so I'd rather not take the accessories and choose them if I need them.

About the tire size, 700x40C seems a good compromise to me if I need to pick one for an "equipped" bike.