View Single Post
Old 10-07-21, 08:30 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10608 Post(s)
Liked 12,226 Times in 6,267 Posts
Took the Ironman out for the shakedown cruise. Stopped after 1/4 mile to raise the saddle about 1/2 cm. It may still need to come up just a tad, but I'm not sure.

Impressions: This thing runs damn near silent. No drivetrain noise, no clicking/creaking BB, no cable slap, very quiet freewheel. Shifts way better on the road than on the stand. Rides comfy AF. Stable as a rock. Encourages high cadence and rewards efforts. Late 80s single pivot brakes with appropriate levers are really nice. Maybe not as nice as dual pivots, but two fingers on each lever work fine. I could probably panic-stop from the hoods.

All in all, I'm very pleased! I did discover one small problem - it does not diminish my "Rock and Pothole Magnet" superpower. About 8 miles in, I hit a rock or something and pinchflatted. However, even though I went with naked bars, I was NOT dumb enough to go without a pump and a tube. A few minutes work and I was back on the road.

Here's the promised picture.

I didn't have time to set it up with valves and cranks properly aligned, in Biggie Smalls, without bottle and bags, because by the time I got back to the car, it was already this time:

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: