DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

Bikes: 1

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8973 Post(s)
Liked 3,144 Times in 1,805 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I've been driving to the bike path more often and spinning around for a couple hours. I like to have a snack on a bench and people watch. Last time a guy rode up on a nice looking Specialized of some kind and slammed it into the bike rack knocking the top tube against the rack. He then gasps and groans and acts like he was really gassed. Young dude, looked fit, new shoes, etc.
Anyway today I'm out there again eating a granola bar and a young lady rides by with this same dude like 50 yards behind her. A few minutes later she comes back and pulls into the rest area and I say "Good morning". She smiles and says 'morning and parks her bike. About then the guy comes rolling in looking really tired, flips the bike upside down and launches into his histrionics, gasping, hyperventilating, and looking like he just raced up Mount Evans. I guess his girlfriend worked him pretty good on the old mup.

Anyway I got a kick out of it.
before I became a former cyclist, I rode the mup 3 or 4 days/week after work. I'm not sure why the mup is so derided. I ride the silver Comet trail and it is 60 miles long and not heavily cluttered by walkers, meanderers and the like except around trailheads on the last 15 miles on the eastern end. I don't ride much that way so I enjoy the car free, minimal hassle experience quite a bit. Miles are miles.