View Single Post
Old 10-11-21, 12:47 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked 5,135 Times in 1,810 Posts
Lazy day off for me so I've been hitting some of the bike chores. I got my first flat last week on the rear of the Azor. I was wondering if I was going to regret not putting Marathon tires on there. Anyway, today I used Stans sealent for the first time and it seemed to do the trick. Good thing because that's a pretty complicated rear tire removal on this one. If the Stans hadn't worked the plan was to just patch the tube on the bike.

Then I pulled out the Olmo frame I've never built up yet. The front fork is off and I need to get the alignment checked before I do the build. Tire is leaning to the one side which I assume is nothing more than getting the dropouts aligned. I'll have the LBS check it either today or tomorrow when I get a chance to swing by.

I also noticed the drivetrain on the Serotta was a bit gunked up too. So I pulled off the chain this morning and put it in to soak. Need to check my records to see if I've ever replaced it. Measures OK pin to pin but it might be a good idea to just put on a new one. I also took apart the jockey wheel cage, cleaned all the gunk inside of it and then cleaned and relubed the jockey wheels. Went ahead and cleaned the FD and brake calipers while I was at it. Headset and BB were done when it got new housing and cables last year.