View Single Post
Old 10-16-21, 11:54 AM
The Trashman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I suspect I might be cursed, as it seems the further time goes on, as well as the more I spend, I end up with worse and worse examples.
The white trek is from 15+ years ago when I was younger, lasts thing that was bought new (not my money).
The gold multitrack was bought earlier this year for perhaps $20, the crankset and pedals on the shogun were originally on it as I bought them to try to make it a 1x, and the bars/stem were from the white one to try to make it more mtbish, but I really didn't care for the overall package with the suspension fork and seat. I'd like to sell both after getting them working again, but I was lazy and I doubt they would be worth much of anything if they were rideable.
The shogun and zebrakenko were bought for $10 each. I ended up making the shogun into more of a mtb than a hybrid since I already had the components I was using for the mulitrack and got a deal on the tires that suprisingly fit. I swapped some parts around and the levers and brakes are from the multitrack because the components were nicer than the 200gs plastic junk on the groundbreaker as standard, basically the only thing left from the original stem up is the handlebars, stole the saddle from the bianchi for it too.
In retrospect if I had not had those components and I didn't lose track of the cantilever brakes, I'd probably have turned it into a gravel bike, which would have saved me quite a lot of trouble as I am still looking for a nice road bike frame with forged dropouts to make one out of.
The zebrakenko originally had suicide levers, but's also had many parts swapped around front wheel, crankset, new levers as I noticed issues or wanted to upgrade as I had a shogun 300 that is junk, which ironically was originally bought the zebra for parts to fix but it worked the other way around.
The Peugeot I bought recently for $25, which I was less than thrilled at after seeing it in person. Swapped the spare rear wheel from the shogun 300 onto it because the original was quite out of true, it's just going to be as is for now as unfortunately it is late in the year and has the french threaded cranks, so I need to spend $40 on the puller, I might wait to find another Peugeot before buying it. It was and is very filty, so I am less than thrilled to work on it right now.
The Bianchi is the nicest frame/components, which is why invariably with my luck it was both free and does not fit me at the same time. I was going to part it out, but due to the lack of a nice frame to put them on, I decided to just put new tubes in it and replace the brake cabling to try to sell it,to pay for the new tires and pads I bought for the zebra, as well as another project but no luck on that yet.
The blue trek was also free, and just needed a tube, and is in great mechanical condition, but with my luck, my mother wants it for herself, so not only can I not benefit from the parts or funds from sale, I also must store it here.
And to top it off, as I pulled them all out today, the wind knocks half of them over a few times .

Last edited by The Trashman; 10-16-21 at 11:57 AM.