View Single Post
Old 10-20-21, 08:15 AM
Bmdvpro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Mystery Schwinn

I purchased this bike over 10 years ago and have never been able to fully determine the year this bike was made. I've done a fair amount of research, but due to the head badge being completely worn and discrepancies between info I can find online, whether in catalogs or forums, and on the bike itself I've never been able to identify it. I've since restored this bike twice and am once again curious to the model year because I'm looking to upgrade the drive train / cockpit this time and want to make sure to get the correct sized components. The only serial number I could find was vertically on the seat tube of: G6004174. At first I assumed that meant a 74 or 84, but neither of those years had red World Sports. Also, the Schwinn serial finder did not find any returns. By the look of the bike (at the time) I'd be willing to wager that the red was the OEM paint job and the decals were original. I wanted to tap the extensive knowledge of the people here and see if anyone could help shed light as to what year this bike is from. I can't post a photo due to forum rules, but I have some if needed. Thanks.