Old 10-22-21, 10:00 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Liked 1,933 Times in 1,213 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
If I were a snowflake, I might cry like a baby, though later I would forget it and recognize it was an aberration from a normal person or the action of a drunken jerk. I would think of the usual suspects who would post that and you might head the list.
Circling back to the topic at hand, it sounds like your best spin would be that the OP encountered an aberration from the city employee; worst case was that employee was a drunken jerk.

Pulling the old civics lesson from the dusty archives (government employees work for the people paying taxes), would you accept such behavior from someone you employed? If I were that "business owner," I would not. I probably wouldn't fire that employee the first time, nor would I expect the city department manager to fire him or her. If it were my business, I certainly would make sure I talked to my employee and made certain he understood that sort of behavior was unacceptable and would not be tolerated. And I'd expect the same from the employee's supervisor.