Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravel Rider
Outbound Lighting. I'm using the Evo/Hangover combination. Expensive but well worth it!
I just bought the Outbound Trail EVO after checking out a couple that folks I ride with bought. Freaking outstanding bar light. It is the first time I don't feel like I am riding in a tunnel. This light truly proves it is not the amount of lumens (though this has plenty), it is how you spread them out. I have some Chinese Amazon lights that are probably 2x the lumens, but I can see SOOOO much better with the Trail Evo. Great company too.

https://www.outboundlighting.com/

As far as the 4 hour run time the OP is looking for....if he wants to run it on high the whole time, that will require getting a decent sized powerbank with Qualcom Quick Charge 3.0 in order to deliver the charge fast enough. Also requires that you hook the powerbank up from the start. I am looking into that, though realistically, the runtime without an external battery is fine for what I use it for.

I use a Cygolite Metro 850 on my helmet. My helmet comes with a go-pro mount attachment, and I have a Cygolite adapter for that. I like that I the light clips in and out of the mount so easily, so I can leave the light in my pack until I need it, and then it clicks in in seconds. Also works well as a bar light on my commuter bike and road bike.
Likes For Kapusta: