Old 10-26-21, 01:47 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10250 Post(s)
Liked 5,209 Times in 2,235 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
The light shutting off on its own is really weird - I wouldn't think that it would do that just because the connection was lost... I would think that it would stay on until an "Off" command was sent. I'd ask the LBS.

Two sets of lights is going to make the ANT+ light controls more trouble than it's worth, I think - you'd have to go in to your head unit to turn one off and turn the other on, and that's in addition to physically swapping them out. At that point, I'd just control them manually. Unless they're much smarter than I assume... I mean, it'd be cool to have light priority that automatically lights up the next in line when one dies, but I would be pleasantly surprised if the protocols were that fleshed-out.

It just disconnects. Battery life is charged it makes no sense.

Kind of reminds me of the embraer 145. The plane would beep at us for everything but what we needed it too. The garmin beeps for all kinds of things but when my headlight shuts off nothing.

I wish it would fail on that seems like a safer situation then failing and turning off.

Tail light is not affected by this.

As far as the two lights go, I wasn’t really referencing ANT+. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to charge my lights everyday. I don’t know if the ANT+ connection causes my batteries to drain faster or not.