Thread: Events in Zwift
View Single Post
Old 10-28-21, 01:35 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10521 Post(s)
Liked 12,087 Times in 6,189 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
i seem to recall that when that setting is a 100% then climbs are as realistic as they will get, and if a 50% they are more like half the grade. does that mean at 0% the grade is flat?
Flat and unchanging. Your speed in game is still a function of your power output and the virtual gradient, of course, but for example if you were doing one of the climbs that has the negative gradient sections and you set trainer difficulty to zero, you'd be able to push the same power downhill as you were pushing uphill without changing gears.

But where's the fun in that?

sometimes i wish they had an amplify setting, like 150 or 200%. not sure how high i'd go but it would sure make things interesting.
Dunno. My Snap can't fake a gradient much over 12%, so for example on the Radio Tower climb, I don't feel any higher resistance when the gradient hits 16%, but I do go slower.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles