Old 10-29-21, 09:27 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8422 Post(s)
Liked 9,331 Times in 4,585 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
I still hear about it.
In the early 90s I used the first gen Time pedals. Out on a ride I stood up to get up to speed after a red light and the right side pedal snapped off and I landed on my back, to the amusement of the other riders. OK, a fluke, we figured and Time gave me a new set, no problem. Couple months later I'm accelerating and I feel the pedal axle break but since I was sitting it didn't rip the pedal all the way off. I stopped and a friend went and got a car.

The local Time rep was concerned so he upgraded me to a more expensive set of pedals. Stuck them on my new bike and I was on a Sunday club ride and stood up to hammer and the right side pedal snapped off and I landed on my back in a bunch of broken glass and debris. When I tried to stand up I almost fell because the pedal was still clipped to my shoe and it slid on the pavement. My wife was there and she was annoyed at having to go back and get the car. The Time rep was worried about a lawsuit so he told the LBS to give me a set of another brand of pedals at his expense. I chose Look Delta pedals.

Haven't broken one of them but I was climbing a canyon and the pedal body came unscrewed and suddenly my foot was stretched out by the front wheel. Didn't go down and was able to thread it back together and finish the ride.
Likes For big john: