Old 11-05-21, 09:51 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Yelbom15
I’m seeing a lot of pretentious comments. Like we haven’t seen this happen a million times in bike shops from people trying to install pedals themselves. Don’t read the negative comments. Happens all the damn time.

If there’s enough meat, a bike shop can tap and clean. You may have lost a couple threads but it’s better than none.

Someone mentioned heli coil which is the go to if there’s no meat left at all. Most bike shops should have these but I remember when we couldn’t get our hands on them for months for some reason.

I see it’s a an old 105 crank. These guys go for cheap. If a bike shop isn’t too big of jerks, square taper cranks can be slapped on and off within thirty minutes(if they’re not busy…) Maybe take a look around on Ebay if everything else is too troublesome.

Again, ignore the “you’re stupid” comments. Happens all the time.

By the looks of the poll, it’s time for some new cranks. Usually the case.
No, it really doesn't happen all the damn time. I see it maybe once/twice a year. (pretentious comment on) It should be painfully obvious something is wrong and you should stop. You have to force the pedal into the threads, most of the time you can't even get the thing started. (pretentious comment off) And no way you can clean that mess up with a tap...not gonna happen and be anywhere near safe.