View Single Post
Old 11-07-21, 05:10 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Liked 1,190 Times in 692 Posts
because i need to take a few days off from riding to recuperate i dove into the FE-C spec again and here are some bits for those interested in the nuts and bolts of any default values our truly wonderful smart trainers use (unless overridden by the mfgr)...i've underlined the defaultsCycling Frontal Areas Bicycle and Rider Frontal Area (m2)

All-terrain (Mountain) Bike 0.57

Upright Commuting Bike 0.55

Road Bike, Touring Position 0.40

Racing Bike, Rider Crouched, Tight Clothing 0.36

Cycling Drag Coefficients Bicycle and Rider Drag Coefficient

All-terrain (Mountain) Bike, Upright 1.20

Upright Commuting Bike 1.15

Road Bike, Touring Position 1.0

Racing Bike, Rider Crouched, Tight Clothing 0.88

Wind Speed Interpretation –
Example Values
Byte 6 Value Interpreted Wind Speed

0x00 -127 km/h

0xFE +127 km/h

0x7F 0 km/h

Drafting Factor

The drafting scale factor ranges from 0.0 to 1.0, where 0.0 removes all air resistance from the simulation, and 1.0 indicates no drafting effects (e.g. cycling alone, or in the lead of a pack). Controllable fitness equipment shall assume the default drafting factor of 1.0 if…

Controllable trainers shall assume an equipment (bicycle) mass of 10kg and a user mass of 75kg if invalid values were set during configuration.

Sample Cycling Coefficients of Rolling Resistance Terrain Coefficient of Rolling Resistance

Wooden Track 0.001

Smooth Concrete 0.002

Asphalt Road 0.004

Rough Road 0.008

Wind Resistance [N] = (0.5 * Wind Resistance Coefficient * (Relative Speed / 3.6)^2) x Drafting Factor

Simulated Grade (%) = (Raw Grade Value * 0.01%) – 200.00%

Gravitational Resistance [N] = (Equipment Mass + User Mass) * Grade/100 x 9.81

Rolling Resistance [N] = (Bicycle Mass + Cyclist Mass) * Coefficient of Rolling Resistance * 9.81

Total resistance [N] = Gravitational Resistance + Rolling Resistance + Wind Resistance

the bit in red is the part was PeteHski referring to while i was fixated grade.
Likes For spelger: