View Single Post
Old 11-10-21, 12:43 PM
Allezedly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
Wow this is clearly a labor of love, that said I have an early 90's Allez Pro and it is absolutely one of my favorite rides although I did replace the fork.
Why did you replace the fork? Which size tires were you running? I’m hoping to keep the fork as it is one of the distinguishing characteristics of this bike. I understand as soon as it gets bent, it will have to be replaced, though.

Originally Posted by easyupbug
Only thing that hit me strange in your plan is drill that very light frame for housing/cable protection, you are spending a lot already with a framebuilder and I haul mine, being retired we travel a lot, and have never had a problem.
I hope I won’t be spending “a lot” as I understand the stuff I’m wanting done is straightforward for them. If the frame builder costs are too high I’d probably start over with another base bike for a different project.

If the integrity of the frame will be compromised then I won’t do the internal cable routing. However, I do think the internal routing looks better and protects the paint. Notice in my pictures where the paint has been worn down to the white primer on the bottom of the top tube. It seems likely that was caused by the cable running against the frame when the bike was handled and/or hung on a bike rack. I want to be able to throw this bike on a car bike carrier without worry.

Last edited by Allezedly; 11-10-21 at 12:47 PM.