Old 11-11-21, 05:26 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10250 Post(s)
Liked 5,209 Times in 2,235 Posts

So this happened today. Velo you would prolly not survive Dallas

Riding around Dallas was pretty awesome. Mojo, 9 am is def the time to be outside in dallas. I went on some major roads today and didn’t get harassed by a car once. Felt safe the whole time.

Completely cleaned my headset today and repacked it with grease.

Its still knocking so I think my headset is warped? not sure.

My bike started knocking loud today and I can’t figure it out at all. Only makes the noise when I pedal, sounds like it is coming from the rear. The knocking comes and goes, it is not controlled by gear, and it continued to get louder and louder and more consistent by the end of the ride.

I have checked seat, seat post, pedals, crank arms( feel tight by hand), Front chain rings ( feel tight by hand), cassette, and rear wheel. Nothing is lose. No wires are in the way of hitting anything, crank arms arnt hitting anything.
saddlebag isn’t hitting anything.

I have ruled everything out.

My rear disc is rubbing a little bit but I don’t think that could start a knocking noise 30 miles In. I took it for a test ride and it started again pretty quickly once my cadence increased. It wasn’t as loud but it was there.

Could it be the rear wheel bearings? If it’s my bottom bracket I will be pissed, but the noise isn’t coming from there, and it’s not the same as the last time my BB went out.

Was hoping to ride outside tomorrow morning but i don’t want my bike to asplode.
Likes For bampilot06: