View Single Post
Old 11-12-21, 03:40 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
So, I've been remiss on posting the rest of my journey.

Continued:

Amazing how often Blue Bikes docks are either filled or empty. Here at Cedar St. very empty:

However, that first block of Cedar St. was way uncomfortable, so after this ride I switched to Hancock to Spencer, even though that was a standing start climb up Cedar. Lesson learned:

When you can't road, the sanctuary of even plastic bollards is HUGE. Greatly reduced the need for constant "situational awareness" (which was my Achilles Heel):

The last leg of deep end was the one block of Mossland to Somerville Ave. In this case, I'm being shepherded by a street cleaner:

Oxford Street, "sharrows on steroids" and this segment downhill. Total sanctuary:

After a one block jog on Kirkland Street, the cut through in Harvard Square made this trek possible. One block of two-way Quincy Street was easy enough, then the two-way bike lane on One-way Quincy was wonderful:

Although it ran into the always red bike signal to continue on Quincy. Part of me cursed how they couldn't time this better. BUT, once green, no motor traffic behind me at all. Wonderful:

Leading to an easy crossing of Harvard St:

And an easy crossing of one way Mass Ave:

...continued...

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 11-15-21 at 08:00 AM.
Likes For mr_bill: