Old 11-12-21, 06:14 PM
Super Dave

Bikes: Curt Goodrich Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Nice looking light.

I ended up getting the Gloworm X2 Adventure for a helmet light which puts out 2000 lumens.
https://www.action-led-lights.com/co...ireless-remote

It's a really impressive / high quality build. It's a little heavier at 290 grams than I would like for the helmet.

Way too bright for city riding. But, you can totally customize the output. The phone app is easy to work and the bluetooth remote works great. I'm getting a feel for how many lumens I really want / need on a helmet. For the city roads it seems like 500 lumens in a spot beam is pretty good. For dark, country forest riding 1500 lumens is sufficient but 2000 is fun. I'm running the 2 X spot lens configuration since you are able to mix and match different lenses (flood, wide, spot). Even with the 2X spot and 500 lumens I'm still paranoid about shining oncoming traffic with too much light.

I have 3 headlights now and some oncoming cars seem confused as to what is approaching them. I'm running one light attached to my fork crown and powered by the ebike. I have the Flux 1250 on the bars and it is bright...usually keep it on the lower modes in traffic. And the helmet light. I sit tall so it's 3 lights in a row. It must be an interesting sight because I have seen a few cars slow down or stop until they figure out what is approaching them. I know I'm not blinding them because I have the beams adjusted properly and I'm aware of that issue.

It's a work in progress.

Have a great weekend everyone.