View Single Post
Old 11-13-21, 01:54 PM
GhenghisKahn
OwainGyndwr

Bikes: 90 Fisher 3x7 hardtail, 2016 Reid 1x7 commuter, 2017 Viva 46x18 fixed gear, 93 2x8 Avanti Kona

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 43 Posts
Motobecane Fantom CX

From bikesdirect in 2007. Originally yellow, but was glass blasted and PCed. My son's company does industrial coatings, so he took the frame minus the fork which was left original. Upgrades included new wheelset, bb, Ultegra brifters and ders, Vuelta Corsa 50x40 crankset, Sh 9 sp 12-25 cass, new cables, sheilds, saddle. Topeak Road Morph, Delta Megarack, PB 45mm full fenders, new hb tape, Jandd bags, SMP 32mm tires.

When moving to New Zealand I had to sell the Motobecane. Replaced it with a Reid hybrid and Viva fixed gear. Theyre both Australian brands made in Taiwan. The Reid was 3x7, but I converted it to 1x7. Set the fixed up for light utility. Did a few upgrades like Brooks B17s, leather grips, Basil LOUD vintage style bells, dual-sided clipless. Put 32mm SMPs on the Reid and a braced seatpost rack on the fixed. They're both perfectly serviceable bikes. Not expensive, but they're well maintained. They more than make up for having to sell The MB Red Rooster.

Last edited by GhenghisKahn; 12-18-21 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Misspelling