View Single Post
Old 11-14-21, 07:14 PM
SapInMyBlood
Enthusiastic Sufferer

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Roubaix, 2014 Salsa Fargo, 2013 Trek Remedy, 2014 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by smashndash
well... I don't meet your criteria, but I have a rim brake allez sprint. I'll remain objective.
1) the front mech hanger is soft aluminum and not replaceable. Be careful with it.
2) The headset is proprietary and specialized has already discontinued the rim brake version. However, the disc brake version uses a different headset.
3) The ride is fairly rough, mainly due to the aero seatpost. The seatpost clamp mechanism also tends to slip. You'll need to use some sort of grit paste.
4) The bottom bracket is BB30. IME there's nothing bad about it as long as you use a thread-together or one piece BB. The OE praxis got rough really quickly so I went to hambini. I'd recommend that on any pressfit bike.

Less relevant:
5) The praxis crank that came with my allez sprint had serious shifting issues. I was told by the shop to get a shimano crank (and that worked). The disc brake model seems to come with a different praxis crank, though.
6) The spokes that came with my wheels were so flexy that they would touch the rear mech under high torque. The shop's solution was to put a spacer behind my 11 speed cassette (ie, a bodge). I ended up replacing the rear wheel. Again, the disc brake version has different rims so maybe the spokes are also different.
That's a lot of **** ups on a new high end bike 👀