Old 11-16-21, 08:26 AM
msr_78

Bikes: Too many - most used now Litespeed Gravel & Prorace Hauser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I finally got it and it is freaking awesome - I really like how the frame looks and I really, really think it was totally worth it, both the wait and the price tag.

I have just finished the rough build, waiting to sort out a few details and more importantly, take it for a ride.

The effing rear brake is driving me nuts - can't get the lever throw to something acceptable, and it's not because I went Shigura, as I got the front brake working perfectly (a first with me bleeding road brakes) - Shimano hydraulic road shifters are not my favourite, to be honest, specially after having tried some Campy Potenza.

The rest of the build is solid if a bit unspectacular - I got a Flite Carbonio as a throwback to my earlier years (and because I always found it to be a confy saddle) but somehow I don't think it ties in with the rear - I need something slimmer (and which doesn't destroy my backside) - I may move the Flite to the raceday/TT bike and try the Prologo on the Dean.

I still need to replace the BB with a Chris King (to match the headset...) but am waiting for the specific tool (yey, just one more cup standard!) and see how the bike feels - left quite a bit of uncut headtube in case I needed to raise the stem, but I got the feeling I will not be needing to - stack seems to be plenty when comparing it vs other bikes.

Anyway, I'll give a full write-down of the build and the process of getting the frame once I actually ride it, but as it is, I just want to hang it on the wall and stare at it all day.
Likes For msr_78: