Old 11-27-21, 04:50 PM
nuraqua

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Zizzo or Dahon? (newbie post)

Hi all!

Thanks for letting newbies post (and sorry for repeating questions you've seen before), I had a Tern and a vintage folding bike but they've all been stolen, so looking for a new folding.

I'm thinking of a Zizzo Via, Urbano, or Liberte (refurbished ones for the price) or Dahon (Dream D6, SUV 6, Hit Pandemic Special). I'll share some of my criteria and welcome any advice

1) Wider tires: I prefer wider tires because I'm a timid biker and live where there are a bunch of potholes
2) Adjustable handlebars and seat
3) Feels stable when holding stuff (rear rack and bags for groceries, etc). I'll ride around 10 miles a day, some days more. I like a bike to feel solid and not wobbly and I'll use the bike for grocery shopping. I read the Dahon Mariner is a good solid feel but I can't afford that one.I couldn't tell if the Zizzo trunk bag could hold a lot of groceries, or if Dahon has panniers for their bikes.
4) Easy to fold (I found my tern a little rough to fold) and carry up stairs
5) Gears-at least 6
Also, if you can tell, even though I ride bikes I don't really know anything about them. These criteria might be super basic. So, I'd appreciate anything any of you have to share <3

Last edited by nuraqua; 11-27-21 at 05:37 PM.
Likes For nuraqua: