View Single Post
Old 11-30-21, 05:26 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10506 Post(s)
Liked 12,046 Times in 6,169 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I mean, I like potatoes.... but the preparation of most good potatoes dishes involves loading them up with fats, and I just have no desire to do that very often. Last week, I made potatoes with Swedish meatballs one night and with Thanksgiving dinner another - I don't need to see potatoes on my plate for a couple more weeks.
Depends on your definition of "loading them up".
  • A couple pounds of boiling potatoes, washed and quartered, roasted at 400 degrees after tossing in EVOO with freshly chopped garlic and rosemary, salt and pepper. Most of the oil stays on the baking sheet, but the cut surfaces of the potato get brown and crispy and the insides get nice and soft.
  • the same potatoes, but peeled and quartered and boiled till just cooked through but not yet falling apart. Add 2 Tbsp of butter, salt, pepper, and freshly chopped parsley. That's 1 Tbsp butter per pound of potatoes.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles