Old 12-01-21, 08:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4425 Post(s)
Liked 4,071 Times in 2,714 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
Great choice. I have the Park Tool and while it works it's just not machined well enough for it to slide smoothly. I think the Abbey tool is a better design and I think Park Tool thinks so also as they now make a similar model. Have fun with your new tools, I am envious.
Yeah the new Park Tool one is nice. Honestly if budget was totally unlimited I would probably have gotten the EVT and it would go in custom laser cut Kaizen Foam inserts in a lovely custom wrapped Snap-On rolling box with all sorts of custom stuff. However it is not like I have gone cheap, but I do value a bit more portability in my current kit and honestly I don't use it as often as owning a EVT True Arc would really entail.

I plan on having some good times. I love Abbey and love the feel of a good tool in my hands. I handed my Decade chain tool to someone who doesn't work on bikes or cars or anything but has worked with tools much of their life and they felt it and loved it even though they have no idea what it does.