View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 09:16 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Korina
Around here the vines are blackberry; flimsy but with large thorns, eager to rip flesh; they arch out of the ground and dangle from trees.

Good idea, thanks. I just replaced my old yellow foam hat with a new yellow foam hat. I didn't hit my head, but I dropped it a few too many times to trust it any more.
I had a helmet that fell off my handlebar and when the helmet hit my floor a large piece broke off the side of the helmet. That really got me to wondering just how much protection modern helmets give. I like the Old School hardshell helmets as t heyprovided penetration protection too and the hardshells were tough.

I've had instances where a helmet protected my head and I had an instance where wearing a helmet very nearly caused me to be blinded. That was on November 6, 2020. I was riding along a paved path and a branch parallel to that path and overhanging the path caught my helmet and the helmet directed it towards my eye. As a result I had a deep cut near my eye, on the side of my neck as well as on the top of my shoulder. I'm fortunate that I wasn't going very fast.

Helmets can protect you but like anything else they can NOT protect you from everything. Still, they are good insurance in most cases.

Cheers