View Single Post
Old 12-07-21, 02:29 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7073 Post(s)
Liked 11,151 Times in 4,761 Posts
Originally Posted by Razorrock
In my case, I have very little experience in buying a $2,000 wheelset. I searched by name brands that I've heard about or seen on other bikes, Enve, Zipp, Hed. I forgot about Reynolds and am checking them out. Allied bikes are made here locally where i live and they must have a deal with Enve. Those wheels look pretty sharp and I found a deal last summer on a set for $1,200 that normally retails for $2,600. Was about to pull the trigger and noticed the whole hookless thing.

Why buy a set of Linglongs when you can get Goodyears.
I don't know much about such wheels, but I am impressed with some of Bontrager's offerings - as are others, apparently. I think Specialized makes some killer wheels, too, under the name Roval. I'm not sure if they are hooked or hookless rims, but they are probably worth checking out.

Also, have a look at Whisky Parts Co. wheels. They make a couple wheelsets in the $1600 price point which look very nice - carbon rims, DT Aerolite spokes, and DT Swiss 350 hubs. Since Whisky is made by QBP, pretty much any shop can get them for you. (If they are in-stock, which is always the issue right now.)
Likes For Koyote: