Old 12-07-21, 05:29 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked 443 Times in 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Vavida52
I have just recently discovered Latex tubes for myself. I am pretty impressed by them. It says that Latex tubes come the closest to tubeless.
I can see the comments incoming saying that nothing compares to tubeless. Fine for me (I don't care). Latex tubes can also be driven with lower pressure than regular tubes. An other factor is weight saving with tubeless. But how much will you save on a road tyre? Other than that, this weight difference is another thing that I don't care about.

I am looking forward to test the Zipps with the new setup.
I don't want to deter you in trying the latex tubes. I like latex tubes as well. But I use latex tubes with regular clinchers and they are not the easiest tubes to mount pinch free with clinchers. Since it sounds as if Zipp calls for tubeless compatible tires only you should know that by nature of the bead design being manufactured to higher tolerances, getting a latex tube under there without pinching it is not going to be easy. And then there is the issue of weather this type of rim should be used with tubes at all. I thought this rim design ran the risk of blowing the tire off when used with a tube. I am somewhat jealous that you are in possession of such great wheels since my tubeless experience is with the lower end DT Swiss R460 tubeless rims.