View Single Post
Old 12-10-21, 07:17 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
It is nice to see someone learn and have the courage to admit his or her mistakes. That said, some French bikes do fall into the junk category while others fall into the best of the best arena and one even achieves the status of being iconic in nature. That one, the Peugeot PX10, perhaps one of the most collectable vintage bikes and certainly one that offers great ride quality.

Though I might get some flack about this, I have found that lower end bikes, ones that others might feel fall into the junk category, are just as much fun to find, street restore and ride as their top of the line siblings. One of my favorite bikes (I only have four these days - five if you count the one I keep in Jamaica) is an entry level Italian 30+ pound steed. It does not have a light, nimble and racy feel but it is great fun to ride cottered crank and all...

The only bike that I found to offer no virtues what so ever was an early to mid eighties Raleigh Record. Poor workmanship stood out like a sore thumb and the ride quality was the second worst that I have ever experienced...

The worst ride experience belongs to this nightmare...