the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
FS: 1974 Raleigh Super Tourer

** THIS HAS BEEN SOLD**

For sale is a rare 1974 Raleigh Super Tourer, made in England. This was my first resto-mod project, & while I do love this bike I just don't find myself reaching to ride it very often. It's a rare frame & a wonderful bike, but I’d rather it go to a lover of vintage bikes that will ride it more than me.
If you'd like to read my complete account of the entire restoration, you can do so here: https://thesurlybiker.wordpress.com/...rocery-getter/
As I said, this was part restoration, part rebuild. So it's a mix of original parts & modern updates where needed. I cleaned & kept several original components that will be part of the sale of the bike in case anyone wants to try a more complete restoration...

Stipulation of the sale, per my wife: the bike must forever & always be named & referred to as The Chartreuse Goose.

Frame: Reynolds 531 w/ chromed fork & stays
Frame size: 21.5" (~54cm - good for 5’6”-5-11”)

Original Components:
-Huret Jubilee front & rear derailleurs
-Stronglight crankset (2x with bashguard)
-GB quill stem
-Maillard 700 front/rear hubs (included, not on bike)
-Maillard Atom 70 freewheel (included, not on bike)
-Huret stem mount shifters (included, not on bike)
-Carlton branded levers (included, not on bike)

New parts:
-Sun CR18 27" wheels
-Panaracer Pasalea 27x1 1/4 tires
-Shimano Uniglide 5 speed freewheel
-Kalloy 27.0 seatpost
-Brooks B17 Saddle (honey)
-Brooks Leather Wrap grips (honey)
-Soma Late Riser handlebar
-Tektro FL750 brake levers
-Tektro R539 brake calipers
-NOS Huret downtube shifters
-headset & BB - these were shop installed so I don't know what exact parts they used

The frame is in very good shape. It has some rust pock marks on the chrome that I treated during the rebuild, but without doing a full re-chrome-dip there wasn't much I could do besides clean it up. Some of the decals are worn, but the usual decal stores don't seem to stock Super Tourer decals since it's a rare bike.

$450 + $175 S&H
(local shop quoted $90 to box the bike, and I'll estimate $85 to ship via ShipBikes.com - I'll cover anything over that)
(Anyone local to the Houston area can just come pick it up.)

Pics (more pics in following post):

MORE PICS coming in 2nd post....

Last edited by the sci guy; 12-16-21 at 03:44 PM.
Likes For the sci guy: