View Single Post
Old 12-13-21, 12:46 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4505 Post(s)
Liked 4,192 Times in 2,806 Posts
Sometimes I have mechanics suggest new tape and don't always explain why other than it looks bad, I go in and explain to the customer it is more to inspect the bars underneath and great rid of the old sweat logged stuff so we can give you a safer ride. Some people still reject but most will go for it when they understand the safety aspect. Sweat is nasty stuff that serves a very important purpose to the body but not so good soaked into your bars via your groady tape. Certainly yes washing bars can help a bit but I would just replace tape at least once a year depending on various factors but I think during the annual tune up is a good time to refresh everything and get it ready for the next riding season or for continued riding because you don't stop.
Likes For veganbikes: