View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 07:26 PM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3314 Post(s)
Liked 1,923 Times in 1,212 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Well, I went for it. the 1995 Litespeed Ultimate should be on its way presently. It's currently kitted with Campy, 1995-era Chorus with a Racing T triple. One reason it probably didn't sell is that the seller made clear the NDS crank is cracked. That's not an issue because I don't want the 170mm Racing T crank anyhow, and I have a 175 version in much better shape, even including a BSA BB. It needs a new stem, bars, saddle, and maybe seatpost, but I have all that, too. The wheels are mismatched, but I think I have something close enough to the rear - a 32h Chorus hub laced to Mavic Reflex rim.

My plan is to get it set up with the triple and the 8speed Chorus (and the ugly Gen. 1 Ergopower levers) and ride it a while, while I figure out how I want to build it. I have 1/3 of a 7410 Dura Ace groupset, and I could go that way, but that limits me to 8 speeds and 26t max in the rear. I could also do it more modern, but then the 7410 stuff lies fallow.

Ah, well. Time will tell. Maybe I'll hate the thing and want to flip it?

Now big john can make fun of me.
Or you could build it like I build a bike. Mix and match.