Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
Originally Posted by sdimattia
This is what I decided on (more or less):

Trek Domane AL 3 44cm
Tubus Logo Classic Rack with Ortlieb BackRoller panniers
Ortlieb Handlebar bag of some kind

Current gearing is Shimano Sora 50/34t and 11-32 rear. I'm planning to switch the rear cassette and derailleur for a 12sp Sram NX Eagle 11-50t cassette. That'll give me a range of 18.5-123.5GI with 50/34t in the front.

I'm swapping the stock handle bar to a 40cm Easton EA50 AX and the shifters are Sram Rival 2x11. I bought a Ratio conversion kit to run the 12sp mountain setup and for the cable pull issue. So a mullet drivetrain.

I'd like to keep the Sora 165mm crankset if possible. However, my current front derailleur rubs just the slightest when I'm cross-chaining, even with the shifter trim. If I switch the Sora derailleur to the 11sp Sram Rival front derailleur, could I potentially still use this with the Sora crankset? In other words, can I use a 9sp Shimano crankset with a 11sp Sram front derailleur, 12sp rear mech, and with Sram 2x12 brifters? The Rival don't come in 165mm but the bike fits with its current dimensions so I'm hoping this can work.

Also swapping the Conti GP5000 for Schwalbe Marathon Mondial.
If you use an Ortlieb handlebar bag I’d try to figure out a way to give it a little extra support. I have the small 5L on my commuter and if you get it much more than half it’s stated weight limit it bounces around quite a bit.
Likes For Germany_chris: