View Single Post
Old 12-23-21, 10:34 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8428 Post(s)
Liked 9,350 Times in 4,594 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
A buddy of mine had a 7000. It rode like my Cannondale - brutal. Not quite Klein brutal, though.
I had fun with it on smooth trails like when I lived in Pine Mountain. I used to do a loop from Lockwood Valley over the mountains to the Tejon Trail and into the motorcycle park and then into Gorman. We would leave a car in Gorman and drive the other car to the edge of Lockwood Valley. I learned those trails during my dirt bike days.

It took about 5 hours on the bike. One time I took this kid from work and we left his car in Gorman and drove mine to the ride start. He did ok but he was pretty fried when we got to his car and he realized he left his keys in my car. Great. Two hours of road climbing on mountain bikes and he was bonking. I bought snacks in Frazier Park and we made it. I gave him grief for some time after that.

Another time a few friends and I were riding through there and there were two guys with dirt bikes and one of them had quit running and the rider was pushing it. It was on a singletrack with 2 gradual climbs followed by a descent into the valley where the moto park was, and their truck was.The young rider told me a man couldn't push his bike up that trail because it was "like death". I grabbed the motorcycle and started pushing it up the hill, challenge accepted. I was feeling pretty good and I was strong then. I looked back and he was plodding along behind me. "Dude, go back and get my bike"! Oh, sorry. He went back and got it. Anyway we left them at the top of the hill and soon realized it was the first hill and there was one more to climb. Sorry, I'm not going back to push again. He was on his own, his friend was useless.
Likes For big john: