Old 12-26-21, 06:57 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked 767 Times in 567 Posts
On my comment on UPS pricing... I don't know for absolutely, but from my experience it seems to be one of those things where going directly to them at their store guarantees a higher price or other issues. That has been my experience in the limited cases where I have used them due to being stuck in a situation where it was the most convenient and there was a time crunch.

Other similar examples include one way car rentals where walking up to a rental counter and asking for a one way car rental seems to WAY more often result in either a "No, sorry we don't have any cars that we can let go out one way" or a if they do there will be a very large one way fee, while going online and renting a car one way before walking up to the same counter results in a smile and a "here are your keys" with a small or even no fee. Going airport to airport seems to minimize the issue, but transacting online first even if in the terminal is a good move IMO. Similarly when packing smaller non bike related stuff and taking a box to the post office and buying postage is quite a bit more expensive than going to the post offices website and buying the exact same postage. Buying through some third party that gets a special rate may be even cheaper. Similar rate issues apply with other carriers.