View Single Post
Old 12-29-21, 11:21 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked 569 Times in 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Parkyy16
TL;DR: Any feedback for titanium
Would somebody who has ridden Ti bikes be able to comment in more specific detail?

The best type of input would be comparison between equivalent bikes: production titanium endurance road bike vs production steel/alu/carbon endurance road bike with same or similar components, similar fit, geometry, etc.
!
​​​​​​My Ritchey Breakaway is a 60 cm top tube with a 130 cm stem and my Lynskey R.350 is a 61 cm top tube with a 120 cm stem. Both have alloy bars. The Lynskey has a carbon seatpost, while the Ritchey has a Thompson alloy post since I don't like the idea of carbon in shear.

Both bikes have Campagnolo group sets. EPS on the Lynskey and mechanical on the Ritchey. Both are rim brakes. Both have flat stiff saddles. Both have carbon forks.

The ride quality of the two is very similar. I use the same wheel sets on both. The wheel set used makes much more of a difference in the ride than the frame. Both wheel sets run Continental GP5000TL tubeless at 105 PSI.

Both are good for 50 mile rides. My times for both bikes are in the same range.

But the Lynskey has not a chip or scratch, while the Ritchey has flown a bit and it shows.

Last edited by DangerousDanR; 12-29-21 at 11:26 PM.
Likes For DangerousDanR: